If you haven't yet, I'd say it's about time to dust off your grill for the spring and summer seasons! When the weather warms up, there's nothing better than sitting in the sun with a cool drink in hand and the smell of a sizzling grill wafting through the air. This marinade is perfect for grilled chicken. It has a tangy, lemony bite that makes my mouth water just thinking about it. The smokiness from the grill rounds out the flavors just right. Give it a shot! Using a simple marinade like this makes getting a flavorful meal to the table a snap. So, get grilling. 'Tis the season!
Ingredients makes enough marinade for 6 chicken breasts
- ¾ cup oil (olive, vegetable or canola)
- ⅓ cup soy sauce (I like to use low sodium)
- ¼ cup wocestershire sauce
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp dry mustard (I have substituted this with stone ground mustard- about 3 times as much)
- 2 tsp black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Marinate meat for at least 1 hour, flipping meat at least once. I like to marinate my meat overnight. The longer, the better!
- Grill chicken for 5-6 minutes per side or until the juices run clear and the internal temperature reaches 165°.
- I also like to use this marinade on my london broil! It's pretty versatile, so feel free to try it on other cuts of meat.