Let me tell you about this frosting. Actually, there's not much to tell other than it's AWESOME!
I recently made a cake for Thanksgiving and this was the frosting that went along with it. It was super duper easy to throw together and way yummy. So yummy, in fact, that I thought it would be a good idea to slather it all over the Pumpkin Spice Cookies I made the following week.
That was a very smart decision. My tummy thanked me.
When you think frosting do you think it's just for cakes? I'd love to know YOUR thoughts! Cookies with frosting sounded like a stellar idea to me!
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 lbs confectioners sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, confectioners sugar and vanilla until combined. Add in one tablespoon of milk so the frosting is a spreadable consistency.
- I made the mistake of using low fat cream cheese which has a looser texture than full fat cream cheese. (Grabbed the wrong one off the shelf at the store by accident!) It made the frosting a bit loose as well. Go with the full fat. I mean, are we really going to switch out the cream cheese for a low fat kind to try to lighten up a recipe that has 2 sticks of butter and 2 pounds of sugar in it? Yeah, that would just be silly. ;)
- This makes enough frosting to frost a nice big two layer cake with some to spare. If you are just frosting a batch of cookies or cupcakes, I'd cut the recipe in half.