Salted Caramel flavored coffee, lattes, and macchiatos are new at Dunkin' Donuts! They are the perfect combination of sweet and salty and perfect for the Fall season.
When I was growing up, stopping at Dunkin' Donuts was a Sunday morning treat. My parents would pick up a box of donut holes for my three sisters and I and those babies would be devoured almost instantly. No one could resist them and I swear I can taste them just thinking about it!
Naturally, since I was just a kid and all, I was completely uninterested in the coffee that Dunkin' Donuts was selling alongside their famous donuts.
Now that I am and adult, though, I am 100% all about the coffee! (Well, maybe 99.9% because hello, donuts.)
The good news is that Dunkin' Donuts is now so much more than donut holes and a plain cup of joe! They offer up a ton of coffee specialties as well as a good variety of menu items that are available all day long.
Just like when I was a kid, stopping at the coffee shop is a once in a while kind of treat that I don't really do too often. Occasionally, I will treat myself to a specialty coffee, so I was super excited when I was asked if I would like to try Dunkin' Donuts new Salted Caramel flavors. Of course, I said yes!
Item: Salted Caramel flavored coffee, iced latte, and macchiato
Price: Sm. Salted Caramel coffee: $1.69, Sm. Salted Caramel Latte: $3.09, Sm Salted Caramel Macchiato: $3.29
As a fan of flavored Coffee, the Salted Caramel flavor was right up my alley. I naturally gravitate towards caramel flavors as opposed to mocha or vanilla, and I will usually go for salty snacks, so the sweet and salty caramel flavor of these drinks is the perfect choice for me. The purchase was quick and easy, the hot coffee was nice and hot, and the taste of the coffee was smooth, classic Dunkin' Donuts quality that I know and love.
WHAT I LOVED
- The sweetness of the flavor was not too overpowering in any of the drinks that I sampled. The sweet caramel was a nice balance to the rich coffee flavor.
- You can order any of the drinks hot or iced. As a Floridian, sometimes Fall doesn't equal cold weather, so iced coffee is always a welcome choice!
- You can order to your specific dietary wants and needs by choosing your desired dairy and sweetener.
- Dunkin’ Donuts’ coffee and espresso are 100% Arabica coffee beans that are freshly ground and brewed to order,
THE NITTY GRITTY
This was my favorite of the three. Is was a smooth coffee with the classic flavor that I love from Dunkin' Donuts. I went with basic cream and sugar and the Salted Caramel flavor paired perfectly. It was your basic, no frills kind of drink, but it still felt a step up from regular coffee thanks to the Salted Caramel flavor.
Salted Caramel Macchiato
Out of the three, this is the drink I liked the least. It had a bold taste, which was very good, but the Salted Caramel flavor didn't shine through as much as in the other two drinks. For a person who loves a nice strong coffee, this would definitely be the one to order, though. I know plenty of people who don't prefer their coffee drinks as light and sweet as I do!
Salted Caramel Latte
I decided to order the Salted Caramel Latte iced to see if the flavors would be as good as in the hot coffee. I loved this drink iced! I think that the whipped cream with the caramel drizzle gives the full "caramel drink" feel and transforms the beverage into something special. This one was light and sweet. A little more sweet than the other two thanks to the whipped cream and caramel, but that's all good with me.
- I really like the fact that not only can you get your coffee any time of the day, you can get breakfast any time of the day, too. Lunch options were also not too shabby! You really have options no matter what time of the day it is.
- I was pleased to discover that on the Dunkin' Donuts website, there is a section with a complete breakdown of the nutrition facts for the menu. I like to keep a food log, so having the full ingredients and info on a restaurant product at my fingertips is fabulous.
- Two words: drive thru. I'm a girl on the go and not having to unload the kids is priceless.
- In addition to my coffee, I tried a chocolate chip muffin, some hash browns, donut holes, and a maple bacon donut. All were very, very good!
WOULD I BUY IT AGAIN?
Absolutely! Considering the fact that I am not a breakfast at breakfast time kind of gal, the fact that I practically run on caffeine, and the fact that sometimes I need a break from the kitchen, I would happily pick up another Salted Caramel flavored coffee and a little bite as a treat for myself. And I'll probably pick up a box of donut holes for the kids just like my parents always did. Here's to carrying on the Dunkin' Donuts tradition!