I am so excited that the holidays are finally here! The magic of the season is alive and well in our home; the tree is twinkling, the stockings are hung, and the cookies will soon be made. The holidays are all about sharing, so why not share a bite-sized treat made with America’s favorite cookie this season? I'm talking about OREO cookie balls!
Have you tried these delicious little morsels yet? They are SO easy to make and absolutely decadent! Every year I think of making all kinds of homemade foodie gifts for my family and friends, but I always worry that the creation of some holiday treats will only add to the stress of such a busy time of year. Well, you won't have to worry about that with these rich, creamy OREO cookie balls! With just 3 ingredients and no baking, they are a breeze to whip up and would be the perfect treat to put a smile on someone's face this season. After all, everyone loves an Oreo, right?
I've included a few variations of the original recipe for you, but the possibilities for making them your own are endless! You've got to try these!
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 4 packages (4 oz each) baking chocolate, melted
- Mix the cream cheese and the cookie crumbs until blended. (I used my food processor to crush the cookies and mix in the cream cheese.)
- Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze for 10 minutes. Dip the balls in the melted chocolate and place onto a shallow wax paper-lined pan.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- As a Yummly Brand Partner, I received compensation in exchange for services rendered on behalf of OREO. Thoughts and opinions are my own.
- You can learn more about OREO cookie balls and find fun takes on the classic recipe at http://www.snackworks.com/recipes/desserts/cookie-balls.aspx.
- Make sure to follow @oreo for cookie ball inspiration and recipes all season long!