Whenever I think of meatloaf, the old movie A Christmas Story comes to mind. Remember the scene in the kitchen when they are eating dinner? The little brother chants, "Meatloaf bleatloaf, I hate meatloaf." Gah, I love that movie. I do not, however, hate meatloaf. What's wrong with that kid, right? Meatloaf rocks!
Know who doesn't like meatloaf in my house? My husband. Don't ask me why, because he usually likes meals made with beef. He kind of throws a little fit just like that kid in the movie whenever I say meatloaf is on the menu. That is, unless I make these Meatloaf Muffins.
These little babies are so moist and so flavorful. I love that there are fresh veggies chopped up and added to the mix! But, you know what the best part is? They cook in less time than a traditional loaf, which means they're perfect for a weeknight dinner. Your family is going to love these!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup ketchup, divided
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- 20 saltine crackers, finely crushed (or 1 cup dry breadcrumbs)
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- Also pictured: Perfect Mashed Potatoes (Coming soon to The Two Bite Club!)
- Shared for Thursday's Treasures over at Recipes For My Boys.
- Source: Cooking Light magazine