Have I got a good one for you, friends. Let me tell you, I was so impressed with this roast! When I was flipping through one of my many food magazines and I saw the recipe, it made my mouth water and I knew right away I was going to make it.
I was sure I'd love it, however, I have a man who is not a fan of pork (shocker, right?). When I do decide to make pork, I have to dress it up somehow to get him to eat it. And boy, was this a dressed up piece of meat. I mean, just look at it. Stuffing the roast with all of that yummy garlic and chopped fresh veggies was like putting lipstick on a pig. (Haha! Like what I did right there? I crack me up.)
It looks fancy shamancy, yet it's super simple to prepare. You easily make this to serve when you're having guests, but it's totally doable for a weeknight dinner. No reason not to try it!
- 1 3-4 lb pork roast
- ½ cup medium green pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- With a sharp knife, cut slits into the pork roast spaced about ¾ iches apart, creating deep pockets, but not cutting all the way through.
- In a small bowl, combine the green pepper, green onions, celery and garlic. Stuff the mixture into the pockets. Sprinkle the roast with the salt and pepper.
- Place the roast into a shallow roasting pan and roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes to an hour and a half, or until the meat reaches 160°. The juices should run clear. (The timing will depend on how big your roast is. It's always best to go by temperature, not time.) Remove from oven, tent with foil, and let sit for 15 minutes before carving.
- Source: Adapted from Garlic Pork Roast in Taste of Home Magazine.
- Don't forget to enter to win a 6 Qt. Stainless Steel KitchenAid Slow Cooker while you're here! Click here to go the the giveaway page!
- I want to remind everyone about the uber huge Cooking Planit T-fal Giveway! Enter today to win a spectacular 12-Piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set! There are 50 bloggers giving away 50 sets! All of the giveaways have gone live and there's not much time left (mine ended on Friday, August 29th), but you can still enter to WIN!
Visit the blogs listed below and enter today! Woo-hoo!