My husband and I have been grilling fools lately. We've been grilling baked potatoes, brussel sprouts, burgers, and lotsa chicken. The boneless chicken breasts (which are my husband's preference when it comes to chicken) have been outrageously priced lately at our local grocery store, so I've started buying more leg quarters, thighs and drumsticks.
I had some honey mustard leftover from the meal I made using the Cooking Planit app, and I knew it would be amazing paired with some grilled chicken. I was right! These drumsticks were perfectly delicious! I used the honey mustard as a marinade and as a basting sauce for this recipe, but it's also amazing as a salad dressing or veggie dip. It's fab!
Thanks to Cooking Planit for the recipe! (Read my review of Cooking Planit here. You should seriously check it out. It's like having a personal assistant is your kitchen, which obviously totally rocks!)
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup dijon mustard
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, dijon mustard and mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle the chicken evenly with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place the chicken into a large ziploc bag and pour half of the honey mustard sauce into the bag. Set aside the remaining honey mustard. Seal the bag and shake it around until all of the chicken is coated. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat your grill to meduim heat. Grill the chicken for 10-15 minutes, or until juices run clear, turning every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking. Baste with the reserved honey mustard during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn!
- Source: Honey Mustard recipe from Cooking Planit.
- Contests open to US only. Limit one winner per household/per family from the 50 blogs participating in the promotion. If an individual is the winner of more than one giveaway, they will receive only one set of cookware and an alternate winner will be chosen for the other set(s).
- I have been gifted a set of cookware to review and give away as part of this promotion. All thoughts and opinions are my own.