This is such a satisfying smoothie. The oatmeal really gives it some substance and fills you up. And what beats big plump strawberries?! It's perfect for a breakfast on the go or even a mid-day snack to hold you over until dinner.
I made this smoothie for myself for breakfast, but sadly only got to taste a few sips because once she saw it, my four year old claimed it as her own. I gladly let her have it, knowing that it was a great healthy treat for her. I'll get one for me soon enough because I know I'll be making them again!
- ¼ cup oatmeal, uncooked
- 5 strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 6 oz strawberry or mixed berry greek yogurt
- 1 cup ice
- ¼ cup milk
- If your strawberries are fresh, remove the stems and cut them in half. Freeze in a single layer. (My strawberries were in the freezer for about 2 hours.)
- Put the oatmeal in the blender and blend until it it powdery.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Source: Me.