These delicious roll ups mimic the flavors of my favorite salad and please kids and adults alike! I made them for my daughter's birthday party and all I can say is yum, yum, yum. I personally am not a big fan of olives, but I found chopped olives in a can, where the pieces of olives are just tiny enough that they give great flavor without leaving me cringing and trying to pick the little buggers out.
I also wanted to try out Philadelphia's new cooking cream and I thought it was great! It was a little thinner than I expected it to be, but it worked out just fine. The only change I might make next time is to add more feta. I don't think there's a such thing as too much feta, so next time I'll be loading them up!
- 1 10 oz container of Philadelphia Italian Cheese & Herb Cooking Cream
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- ⅓ cup cucumber, finely chopped
- 6 flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp black olives, finely chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cups of fresh spinach
- In a small bowl, combine cooking cream and feta cheese. Stir in cucumber.
- Spread mixture onto tortillas and top with spinach, tomatoes and olives.
- Roll tortillas up and, with a serrated knife, cut into 1 inch slices.
- Source: This recipe adapted from Greek Salad Pinwheels by Old El Paso.