Being a food blogger means that I love all things food. I love food shopping, I love cooking and I love eating! About 99.9% of the time, my mind is on munching. While food is my jam, there are a few other things in my life that bring me happiness like my fam, gardening, and fitness.
My kids are my joy and I guess my husband's pretty cool, too. We just celebrated our 10 year anniversary this month! My family most definitely brings me happiness.
I also adore vegetable gardening. My husband and I recently bought a home with (8!) raised beds. Can't wait to get my hands dirty growing some fresh veggies in the spring. I find gardening incredibly meditative and so rewarding. Best hobby ever.
Recently, I've been finding lots of happy in keeping fit. I've had periods of my life where I've been more active than other times, and I always find that when I make an effort to focus on my physical health, I feel more balanced, confident, strong, and just more happy in general!
I'm the kind of girl that believes knowledge is power, and regardless of whether I'm cooking for the blog, gardening, or working out, I feel like the more info I have the better. I read food labels, I'm constantly googling about garden pests, and I like to log my food and exercise on fitness apps to see my numbers. I like to be organized and informed.
That's why, when my friends at EatSmart asked me if I'd like to review one of their awesome products, I jumped at the chance! EatSmart Products is an online retailer of kitchen and bathroom scales and, in the past, I've been happy to share some of my recipes on the EatSmart blog like my Loaded Baked Potato Soup and Zucchini Tots.
When I browsed their website, my first thought was to review one of the kitchen scales, (duh, I'm a food blogger), but when I saw the Bluetooth Body Fat Smart Scale by Taylor Scales I was like, "Heck, yeah! That baby can give me soooooo much data and it fits right in with the Fit Club section of my blog I've been working on!"
You guys, this scale is super cool. Not only does it look good with its sleek black tempered glass, it does so much more than your regular old scale!
What I love:
- It estimates body fat, body water, and muscle mass. I've been working on getting my body composition closer to where I'd like it to be, so it's so nice to see where I'm at!
- It has a daily calorie feature, which calculates maximum calorie intake needed to maintain your current weight.
- It has a goal setting feature that allows you to set a definitive weight goal that you want to reach and it tells you how many pounds you are from your goal.
- It remembers you and up to 8 other users! This is so cool! The tracking feature will track all of your statistics every time you step on the scale and recognize you when you step on.
- BLUETOOTH! Install the SmarTrack app on your tablet, iPad, or smart phone (check for compatibility) and all of your data will be wirelessly transmitted to the app when you step on the scale!
This scale totally made my detail-loving mind do the happy dance. I love having specific goals, I love seeing my progress via real numbers, and I love that I am able to bring my weigh-ins into this century with the latest Bluetooth technology.
Hopefully, I'll be reviewing one of the EatSmart kitchen scales in a few months and sharing my experiences with that, too! Stay tuned!
In the meantime, if you are looking for a great way to track your fit life, this scale is the bees knees. You will love it. I know I do!
And just FYI, if you are dying to get your hands on all of the awesome data this scale gives you but don't have the mobile device to sync the data to, there is the option to set the scale up without using Bluetooth or the app. Woot!
I hope you'll check out my friends at EatSmart on social media! They have some awesome products and ideas for fit living:
This post is sponsored by EatSmart Products. I was provided product free of charge for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are, as always, 100% my own. This post may contain affiliate links.