Over the years, my tastes have evolved considerably. I grew up wanting everything plain jane. I ate my salads sans salad dressing, I preferred plain vanilla ice cream with no toppings, and I never ate adventurous foods like horseradish. Not that horseradish is particularly "out there" when it comes to being exotic, but you have to admit, it packs a zesty punch!
It was around the time that I started having kids that I feel like my taste buds changed a bit.
Pregnancy made me crave some very specific foods that I usually never craved otherwise. Things like ketchup (I usually don't even dip my fries), lemon-lime soda (this girl never ever drinks carbonated beverages unless there's booze in them), and bold delicious horseradish (which is odd considering I don't think I ever even tried it before being pregnant).
Pregnancy cravings are a weird thing.
Now that I'm done having kids (I think!), I've gone back to not drinking soda and I went back to ketchup-less fries. The horseradish obsession lives on, though! I love, love, love it.
That's why, when I found out about Hidden Valley's new Greek Yogurt Salad Dressing and Dip Mixes, my mind went straight to the idea of a horseradish ranch greek yogurt dip.
I love to use cool and creamy greek yogurt in dips (like my Creamy Peanut Butter Dip and Greek Yogurt Feta Dip) and I knew it would be perfect for a ranch dip.
And you know I had to add a truckload of bacon. Because, well, it's bacon.
Make sure you chop it up real good so that there's lots of bacon in every single glorious bite.
Once it's all mixed together you have an addictively delicious dip that is perfect for dipping chips or veggies. Trust me, I dipped both. And dipped again, and again, and again!
IT'S GIVEAWAY TIME!
I've teamed up with the folks at Hidden Valley for a fabulous giveaway so that you can try out their new ranch flavors, too!
- $75 Target gift card
- Vegetable shaped cutting board
- Veggie peeler set
- Samples of Hidden Valley's new products
- Leave your contact email and a comment on this blog post telling me how you would use one or more of the new Hidden Valley Ranch flavors!
- Open to US only.
- Contest ends July 3rd at 11:59 pm.
- Winners will be announced in this post and contacted through provided email. Winners have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. Be sure to check back to see if you are a winner! The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning. Void where prohibited by law. No Purchase Necessary.
This dip has the perfect seasoning from the Hidden Valley Ranch Mix, the perfect salty smokiness from the bacon, and the perfect zip from the horseradish. You'll want to make it again and again!