If you can’t make it to a live show or if online school is more your thing, well, I have good news for you! On October 1st Taste of Home launched their new Taste of Home Cooking School ONLINE!
I was recently asked to try out one of the online classes and then write about my experience. Of course I said YES! Actually, my first thought was more like:
Oh, man. I haven't been to school in almost 15 years. Maybe I shouldn't do it. Will they test me? Oh, god. That's a little stressful. But wait. This is a class about food. I love food. I might actually enjoy a test about food. Okay. Let's do this. Momma's going back to school!And I did. And you know what? I really enjoyed it! (And no, no tests. There's a short quiz, but only you see the results. so it's nothing to sweat.)
If you'd like to join in the fun enroll in Taste of Home's Online Cooking School, I have a GREAT discount code you can use:
Woot! That makes for an AWESOME deal. I hope you'll join me! You're gonna love it!
Let me tell you how it works:
First, you choose from the gorgeous image index of online courses that feature 5 of the most popular and requested Taste of Home cooking classes:
- Weeknight Dinners in 30 Minutes - I need this in my life. Who doesn't?
- Comfort Food Classics - Comfort food and me are like peas and carrots.
- Slow Cooker Favorites - I <3 my slow cooker! Yes!
- Everyday Healthy Cooking - Got to balance out that comfort food!
- Tips, Tricks & Techniques from the Test Kitchen - There's always something new to learn when it comes to cooking!
What comes with my course?
I was happy to learn that my course included:
- Easy access to the course at any time using a computer, tablet or smartphone. - Tech savvy. Love it.
- Recipe videos, quizzes and step-by-step instructions with a Taste of Home Culinary Specialist for a truly interactive learning experience. - I have to say, having the option to watch a video of the recipe being cooked, see the recipe in text form, OR watch step-by-step slides was awesome. I did all three. I'm a very good student.
- Unlimited access that lets me take as many courses as I'd like, at my own pace. - This was a BIG deal for me. Doing anything on the computer for a lengthy amount of time is virtually impossible with a 2-year-old. You can exit your course and log back in later to finish up. Easy peasy.
What I loved:
- Everything was clearly laid out and super easy to navigate, complete with a course syllabus and Instructor bio. I set up my Student Dashboard, enrolled in the course, and I was on my way!
- I navigated my way through the course and, I have to say, it was really fun! I was reminded of lots of basic cooking techniques and I totally learned a few new tips and tricks. (Like a new way to peel ginger. I've been doing it all wrong!) My mouth was watering watching the video instruction of each recipe. It was kind of like watching a cooking show, which I love to do, so that was really cool!
- I had the option to join discussions with other Students, the option to add my own notes to a recipe, and even an option to print a shopping list for each recipe covered in the course.
Lucky for me, my little guy was napping, so I got to take the entire course (a little over an hour) in one sitting. I liked it so much that I started another course when I was done! I decided for round two I'd go with Everyday Healthy Cooking. I even made the Dijon-Honey Pork Chops recipe from the class that night! I served them with Crispy Parmesan Roasted Broccoli and mashed red potatoes. They were SO good. My whole family loved them.
At the beginning of the course the was a short Orientation Video, which ended with: "Hope you enjoy your learning experience!" I like that. Because cooking really is a learning experience, don't you think? There's always new recipe ideas, tips and tricks to learn, no matter how long you've been cooking.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Taste of Home. The opinions and text are all mine.