There are so many reasons why I love the holidays. I love the cool crisp air, the sweaters and jeans, the parties and bonfires, and the holiday shopping. I also love the feelings of goodwill and happiness that permeate the festivities of the season. And, of course, it's a given that I'm gong to say that I love the food.
I mean, come on...I write a food blog. Everything's about the food.
While I could easily go on and on for days about all of the yumminess that I can't wait to indulge in this year, I'll put that on the back burner because right now I'm excited to tell you about an amazing program that I am lucky to be a part of this season.
It's all about giving thanks, one of my favorite parts of the holidays!
Have you ever wished there was a way you could give thanks and give back to a selfless and special person in your community with more than a simple "thanks"? Well, this year you have a chance to do just that! This holiday season, I am partnering with the good people at Cooking Planit to celebrate all of the GIVERS out there!
But wait, there's more!
Nominate a Hidden Hero
In 300 words or less...
- Recognize an individual who is making the diﬀerence in the lives of others in your community
- Share how they donating their time, energy or love with a focus on helping others
- Give details on how they are working to improve the lives of others
- Five inspiring people will win $250
- The five people who nominated the winners will each win $100
- One grand prize winner from the five finalists will win $1000 (furnished by Cooking Planit) to be donated to a charity of their choice
- Contest is open October 18, 2013 - November 1, 2013
- Winner will be announced (1 per day via the Cooking Planit blog and Facebook page) beginning November 18, 213. Grand Prize Winner will be announced on November 23, 2013.
- For complete contest terms and conditions, please see the Cooking Planit Giving Thanks page.