My daily routine has been completely shaken up for the past few weeks. Why, you may ask? One word: school. That's right, my little lady started VPK this year and this Momma's world has been flipped upside down.
The first week was chaos. Laundry wasn't done for close to a week, dinner was late more times than I care to mention, and my 4 year old came home from school on Friday with a cold. (Got to love that little petrie dish of germs they call school.) On top of it all, my 10 month old was cutting two teeth. Oy vey.
Week two was a little better. Let's go with organized chaos. Slowly, our family began getting into the groove of our new routine, my husband (bless him) helped me catch up on the laundry over the weekend, and I adjusted my daily routine to start dinner earlier and bump up bedtime by a half an hour. (That way, we actually might hit bedtime on time once in a while.)
Today started week three. We're working like a well-oiled machine around here. We even made it to school early this morning! Only one problem. I caught my daughter's cold. Oh yay. I usually drop my daughter off at school, head home and put the little guy down for a nap, and then spend a good hour doing my daily blogging tasks. Today...well, today I just felt too crappy.
I decided I deserved a treat. For some moms that might mean a nice bubble bath, a pedicure, or even an impromptu nap. For this mom, it meant potatoes. Yes, you heard me right. I decided a nice big plate full of potatoes would make me feel better (Don't judge. Potatoes are my fave food and food makes me happy.)
I headed over to Cooking Planit, because while I felt like a nice treat, I didn't feel like doing much thinking with being sick and all. I decided to let Cooking Planit do all of the thinking for me. (I recently wrote a review of Cooking Planit and I've been looking forward to trying it out again ever since.) I found a recipe that looked yummy, clicked Prep & Cook and handed the reigns over to the professionals. Following the clearly written instructions was like cooking on auto-pilot. Things came together smoothly and a little while later, I sat down to a stack of perfectly golden, perfectly crispy, perfectly delicious potato pancakes.
I might not be feeling much better in the "I have a stinkin' summer cold" department, but my spirits were brightened and my tummy is good and full. Mission accomplished. (And as a side note, my little guy must have been feeling a little off, too. Not feeling the nap. So, I got him up and shared some potato pancakes with him. I think he enjoyed them as much as I did. We even had a few left over for an after school snack for the little lady. Score!)
- 1½ lbs baking potatoes (for me, this was 3 potatoes)
- 3 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chives (I used green onions)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- Cooking Planit suggests serving with greek yogurt or apricot jam. I didn't have the apricot jam, but as you can see, I did have greek yogurt. It was delish!
- Try out the Cooking Planit experience by registering for a FREE account on their website, or downloading their app on your IOS device. You won't be disappointed, I promise!
- See that nice lookin' pan I fried these babies in? That's one of the pieces form the 12-Piece T-fal Cookware Set I recently gave away here on my blog as part of a huge 50 Blogger Cooking Planit T-fal Giveaway. Want the good news? There's still sets to be had!!!! Enter on the blogs below and YOU might win a gorgeous set of cookware! (For more about the set, click here. For my review of this set, click here.)
Enter the Cooking Planit T-fal Giveaway!