Let me tell you a little bit about why I love this set and why I know you'll love having it in your kitchen, too. Not that you can't tell by the photo it's a spectacular set (ain't it pretty?), but there's a few features that I think really make it stand apart from others I've owned.
I'll break it down for you:
- First, they're stainless steel. Translation: optimal heat distribution, no hot spots, no warping, and they're shiny. (Can't blame a girl for liking things that are shiny and pretty!)
- The Thermo-spot. See that red spot in the middle of the sauté pans? It's an indicator that tells you when your pan is properly pre-heated. Very cool.
- The sauté pans are non-stick, scratch resistant and metal utensil safe. (My current non-stick pans look like Freddy Krueger got a hold of them they're so scratched up, so yeah...this is a real plus in my book.)
- Internal measuring marks. Seriously, how convenient it that, right? Love that.
- Dishwasher safe. Momma doesn't want to be a spokesmodel for dish-pan hands, know what I'm saying? My dishwasher is my friend. ;)
- Oven safe. All pieces in the set are oven safe up to 450° F. So practical for so many recipes.
- I love the glass lids. They have a little steam vent that I haven't seen on any of the other sets I've owned. Makes so much sense.
- Silicone handles that keep you from burning your hands. And I do. Burn my hands while I'm cooking, that is. All the time. (I'm a klutz...what can I say?)
- I love the shape of the pans. Let me explain. The dutch oven is shorter and wider than the other one that I own. It adds more ease of use for stirring and more surface area on the bottom. Also, the sauté pans are deeper than my current ones. Also great for when you're stirring or flipping something. All the food doesn't spill out over the edges.
I've used every component of this set and I am genuinely pleased with it. I've cooked everything from scrambled eggs to ground beef to simply boiling water (and more!). The set is perfect for everyday use, yet sports a professional look and durability that you'd expect from a trusted company like T-fal. I have a feeling I'll be cooking for many-a-year with this set.
Soooooooooo, if I haven't convinced you yet that this is the set for you, head on over to T-fal's website to read up on it a bit more.
If I have convinced you that this is the set for you, you should enter to win it!
(If I have convinced you, but you're not into giveaways, you can purchase it through Amazon.)
More about the Cooking Planit T-fal Giveaway: