The first thing I want to say about this post is please don't be deceived by the picture! It kind of looks like a big slop of a mess, but I assure you, it tastes delish.
I've been battling overcast weather in my area and it seems like the sun is always hiding when I try to take my photos. That, and I had a hungry hubby waiting for this one which means my time allotted for composition was slim to none, hence the chicken being photographed in the dish as opposed to on a pretty plate neatly arranged with a nice green salad.
It may not look pretty, but it doesn't have to be picture perfect to be tasty! Think creamy, bubbly, cheesy artichoke dip slathered over chicken. Sounds good, right? It so is. Not only does it taste great, but it takes a quick five minutes or so prep time. Can't beat that!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14.5 oz) can artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, dried well and chopped (After draining in a colander, I use a paper towel to pat them dry.)
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Grease a 9 x 11 baking dish.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place into the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the artichokes, parmesan, mayo, sour cream and garlic. Spread the mixture evenly over the chicken breasts.
- Bake uncovered for 35-45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°.
- When I made this, I used only two chicken breasts (as you can see in the picture above), but the same amount of artichoke topping. There was way too much topping, but I didn't mind because it was super yummy!
- The topping is pretty heavy, what with all that mayo and cheese, so I suggest serving this with a steamed vegetable and a side salad to balance out all that richness.
- Source: Adapted from Artichoke and Chicken Bake found on Food.com.