It may look complicated, but it's super easy. Follow my simple instructions and turn your dinner into something special tonight!
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded (or cubed)
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, steamed until crisp tender and chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ⅓ cup mayo
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 packages of refrigerated crescent rolls, 8 oz each (I use Pillsbury)
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute the bell pepper, onion and garlic in the olive oil until soft.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, broccoli, bell pepper, onion, garlic, cheese, mayo, lemon zest, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (parchment paper helps to keep the bottom from burning). Unroll the crescent dough and separate into 16 pre-cut triangles. Arrange the crescent rolls on the cookie sheet with the wide edges of each triangle overlapping in the middle, 8 crescent rolls on each side of the pan. Pinch the seam together in the middle.
- Spoon the chicken mixture down the center of the crescent rolls. Fold the crescent rolls over the filling, alternating from side to side to form the "braid".
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Source: Adapted from The Pampered Chef's Broccoli Chicken Braid.