Today is a good day for a lot of reasons. Let me tell you just a few reasons why I like today:
- I get to write this post. I didn't get to work on a post last week because the hubby was home from work all week. Ten days of vacation time that sadly ended up not feeling much like a vacation at all after my husband threw out his back on the second day. But, he's back to work today and I can get back to my routine. No more blogging withdrawl for me!
- It's my birthday today. No kidding, haha. Birthday's are good days. Dinner date with my husband to look forward to tonight.
- It was 70° out when I woke up this morning. Now, that may seem like summertime weather for other parts of the country, but for us southern folk, a 70° morning is a sign that autumn has arrived. I happily sipped my coffee on the front porch to enjoy the cool air and watch the sun come up.
- 3½-4 lb whole chicken
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 2 tsp dried rosemary, split
- 1 tsp black pepper, split
- ¼ cup +1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs red potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- You can see here that I tore my skin down the center a bit during the preparation. If yours tears, you can use a tooth pick or two to secure the skin before baking in order to avoid the split. You can also see that my skin began to get dark spots which is why I ended up tenting it for the last 15 minutes or so.
- Source: Every Day with Rachel Ray